Sushi Bar Nagomi






Bakery: Sushi Bar Nagomi 
Address: 1-280 Gower Point Rd, Gibsons, BC
Website: http://www.sushibarnagomi.com/
Style: Japanese 
Price: $$$

I never have dessert at restaurants. Most of the time it's not even a question worth considering: I'm full and directly after dinner simply isn't my preferred time for dessert. Beyond that, there's nothing really that appealing about the dessert offered and it's definitely not anything worth blogging about. Of course, there have been a few rare exceptions that I wish I could have shared: mandarin cheesecake or sake tiramisu. Faced with a sign on the table at Sushi Bar Nagomi, an authentic, Japanese-run restaurant in Gibsons, advertising homemade "Japanese baked cheesecake", I recalled all those past desserts and thought this was my chance.
Telling myself I would get it if it was $5 or under, I hit a slight roadblock when it turned out being $7. That was my first sign to back out. I didn't. I received a slice of cheesecake with a cheese mass atop a graham cracker crust and embellished with a dollop of whipped cream and ice-encrusted frozen fruit that weren't exactly the most visually appealing choice in terms of decoration....

The cheesecake itself was well, not very Japanese. This was a NY-style cheesecake through and through: from that graham cracker crust to the thick, super dense pure cream cheese filling. And I am not a fan of NY-style cheesecake. I was devastated. The food at Sushi Bar Nagomi is excellent, but the dessert... I'll practice what I preach next time around!

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment