Roggen Meyer [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Roggen Meyer 
Address: 7 Chome-1-1 Kumoidōri, Chūō-ku, Kōbe
Website: http://www.roggenmeyer.jp/
Style: Japanese 
Price: $$ 

Roggen Meyer is another one of these big bakery chains found so easily in Japan; like a great many of these chains, you'll most likely find this bakery in the food zone in department store or station mall basements. The fairly large selection includes many typical sweet and savoury buns along with a couple of more flaky pastries (though the croissants didn't really look that flaky) and of course I spotted some Anpanman buns as well! However, I found the price a bit up there compared to other bakery franchises; in some ways, I would prefer paying that little more and buying something from an independent bakery, but those are a bit more difficult to find, especially in the downtown core....
Wanting a bun for my plane trip, I wanted something that wouldn't get too smushed or messy in transit. The downside is that it wasn't very photogenic either, but I took a classic cream bun (172 yen). It'd been awhile, after all. Despite its simple appearance, the taste was quite good: I liked the fluffy, lightweight texture of the slightly sweet bread and the nice amount of the rich butter cream in the middle. A tasty treat!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment