Creston Valley Bakery

Bakery: Creston Valley Bakery
Address: 113 10 Ave, Creston BC
Website: n/a
Style: Canadian, Eastern European
Price: $$ 

The other bakery in Creston, Creston Valley is located in a pretty vast space spanning one street corner. While most of that space is dedicated to seating, they do feature a lengthy counter with European breads, and then a whole bunch of good stuff: doughnuts, cakes, squares, baked goods. Coming in around half an hour before closing, I was a little stunned at just how fully stocked it was. Will they sell all of that? O.O I was left even more stunned when I spotted a shelf of poppy seed buns -- so much so that I really don't remember what else they had! They're not the most common sight, I can certainly say that and a bakery with poppy seed baked goods must always be celebrated for that point alone.
Yes, I took the poppy seed bun ($2.62). Naturally. This was rolled up like a cinnamon bun and featured a similar fluffy, somewhat airy dough that was filled with a black, finely ground mass of poppy seed. "Russian" style, as I like to call it, and my personal favourite. Yum! Lots of poppy seeds here and then it was generously glazed too -- what a perfect combination!
In addition to this, I decided to take a nice, big apple fritter ($2.62) Again, a nice dose of delicious, more runny glaze on top of a fluffy, perfectly fried dough with a nice amount of apples throughout. Wow, Creston, you're lucky -- two recommended bakeries! ;)

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment