Punch Bowl Country Market [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Punch Bowl Country Market and Bakery 
Address: 136 Ridge Rd, Stoney Creek ON
Website: http://punchbowl.ca/
Style: North American 
Price: $-$$

Once, my brother went to Stoney Creek and brought back a few squares from what he called a farmer's market. He says that all they had were different types of squares and some pies, traditional, home-style stuff, though I'm looking through the website after finally figuring out where this place is and they talk about their pies more than the squares.

We got four different squares. Some were pretty good, but I liked some more than others. This first one was some sort of chocolate square. Maybe it was cheesecake; I don't really remember what it was exactly except that it was alright tasting, but I thought it was a little too sweet.

Then there was the lemon custard square which was the worst out of everything. I didn't really like this one that much. I kept thinking of pudding cups, so I wouldn't recommend this.

The next one was a cheesecake with some sort of fruit jam inside and then on the top, there was granola, with oats and crumble. I really liked this one. This was my favourite and I liked the combination. Another good one was the date square. I'd say it was second best. The topping was like the cheesecake, with the granola and crumble. I liked this on both squares.

Even though this is more of a market than a bakery, I think it was pretty good and would recommend it.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment