Aux Delices [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Aux Delices 
Address: 32 Byward Market Square, Ottawa ON 
Website: www.auxdelicesbakery.com
Style: North American 
Price: $$ 

We tried to find some bakeries to visit while we were in Ottawa, but in the time we were there, this was the only one we saw. Actually, we spotted a Middle Eastern bakery once, but it was too late and it was already closed, so this was it. Even if I didn't really want to look for bakeries, I was pretty disappointed with Ottawa's food, unless we just didn't know where to go for the good stuff. I tried to do my research though.

Anyways, Aux Delices is a bakery in Byward Market, one of the famous attractions in Ottawa and sells mostly cakes and flans, that sort of thing. They had a window with everything laid out, but I thought it pretty boring. I guess I was thinking there would be something more exciting because of the location. I remember that there was a lot of chocolate. We had a hard time picking something to try, so that's why I just ended up getting one slice of cake. I don't know what it was (I also don't remember how much it cost, but it didn't seem too expensive. Average), but it was a sort of maple chocolate cake. The taste was alright, but everyone thought that it was way too sweet.

Yeah, I guess I'd say that this was nothing special and couldn't compare with the kouing aman I had in Montreal. [Editor's note: look out for that review soon! ^.^] That was the best thing from my trip.

Rating: ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment