Pars Bakery and Pastry

Bakery: Pars Bakery and Pastry
Address: 6089 Yonge St, North York
Website: n/a
Style: Persian
Price: $$

[I come back after a considerable hiatus. Actually, I've been touring... cake touring (aka on holiday) in three countries and have come back with 13 bakeries to review and a few closer to home, so let's just get started~~]

While on my last trip to Highland Farms, I discovered another addition to their pretty huge bakery section: mostly savoury, flat breads from Pars Bakery and Pastry, a Persian bakery which bakes their goods in Markham, I believe, and sell it from their store on Yonge St in North York.

The only sweet offering from them (at least in the supermarket; with "pastry", I'm assuming their store has a lot more selection.. I need to get over there one day *-*) was "Armenian style" Gata sweet bread ($3.59, if I remember correctly), a fairly flat "cake" of sweet, yeast dough with a mass of sugar and milk folded into the middle. It actually looked a lot simpler than it was, since from the outside, it just looks like a piece of bread, so the sweet milk filling came as a pleasant surprise. We cut it into slices, heated it so the filling softened considerably and mmm, you might not believe what a big hit this was in the house! This is definitely a must-try, especially for those who don't like overly sweet things or just want something light with a cup of tea (or coffee). ;)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment