Rocking Horse Bakery [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Rocking Horse Bakery
Address: 265 Riverside Ave, Winthrop WA
Website: https://www.rockinghorsebakery.com/
Style: American
Price: $$

The town of Winthrop is this pretty cool Western town and right in the middle of it, there's Rocking Horse Bakery, which also looks a little like it came straight out of a Western with the wooden decor inside and out. I would call it a legit bakery, one that seems to get quite a bit of business and features all the usual "classic" baked goods like cinnamon buns, carrot cake and different kinds of coffee cake, etc.
 I had a peach berry-something coffee cake ($4.00). I don't remember what else was jumbled in with the rest of the name.... It was very soft, fresh and moist with good sweetness and a nice amount of fruit: not too much, not too little and that was real fruit too, not jam or pie filling. I also liked the crumble on top of that fruit. Very well balanced and tasty. Very good, in fact; certainly my favourite Washington bakery on my trip.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment