Joy's Bakery & Cafe [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Joy's Bakery & Cafe 
Address: 823 Metcalf St, Sedro-Woolley, WA
Website: facebook
Style: American 
Price: $$ 

Welcome to the Cake Tour, Washington!

Joy's Bakery in Sedro-Woolley was the first bakery I spotted after crossing the border. You could call it a bakery restaurant in that it's more a place that you sit and have a hot breakfast or lunch instead of just coming in to grab a single baked good. However, the bakery has a dedicated corner with a glass bakery display and most items are features there. Baked goods are classic North American, what you'd usually expect from a small-town bakery. I don't remember everything, but there were cookies and muffins, scones, etc.
One of my favourite classic baked goods are cinnamon buns, so I thought this was my best bet. It didn't seem that huge on the shelf: it was a massive cinnamon bun! Tons of icing on top with a less intense cinnamon filling on the inside. The dough was more stiff and airy, so it was naturally more on the dry side without it necessarily being stale; I would call it a cross between a hot cross bun and Easter-style baba. It's not really my preferred style of cinnamon bun and I would have liked more cinnamon flavour in it as well. And maybe about half the size too? I'm still eating it....

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment