Hurst Bakery

Bakery: Hurst Bakery
Address: 15543 Yonge St, Aurora ON
Website: http://www.hurstbakery.com/
Style: North American
Price: $-$$

Having a sudden, inexplicable urge to go to Newmarket for some Finnish baked goods (and finding it pretty much empty besides a frozen pulla from the back -- it was still worth it though *-*), I took the somewhat scenic route down Yonge through Aurora back onto the 400 and stumbled across Hurst along the way -- and very happy to have done so. Hurst is a very cozy bakery specializing in homestyle baked goods, from pies in half a dozen flavours, squares, buns, and cookies, along with a couple fancier pastries and tarts. All labelled and very reasonably priced, there were quite a few goodies that I could have taken home with me. Having plenty of baked goods in the trunk already, I decided to limit myself. This time.

One of the first items that caught my attention where the cinnamon goodies, both the buns and the bread behind the counter. They looked so delicious and then I noticed that there was a sticker saying that both the muffins and buns were half price. Half price of an already reasonable $1.50 (i.e. $0.75/each) -- what a total steal! I took half dozen. :P And very happy I did! I love cinnamon buns and this was one of the more unique interpretations I've seen, where the sweet egg dough was rolled in cinnamon and then twisted into a bun so that there was none of the usual cinnamon paste filling. Then, they were drizzled with just enough icing. This was so good! I loved the fluffy egg dough and it's a less sweet option than your typical gooey cinnamon bun -- definitely worth trying... regardless of the price. ;)

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment