Cazeres [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Cazeres (カゼール)
Address: 13-2 Saiwaicho, Furano, Hokkaido
Website: n/a
Style: Japanese
Price: $$ 

This small bakery (the space is mostly taken up by the cafe portion of the business) is located within one of the buildings that make up the Furano Marche. From the outside, I have to admit it looked more impressive than it really was - I was speaking of the bakery, but I guess that does apply to the market as a whole; inside, there aren't that many baked goods at all, with most being savoury or plain bread. Despite the fact that their top 4 products appear to all be sweet. *shrugs*
 Feeling a little hard pressed as to what to pick from the limited assortment (I'm wondering if I maybe came too early in the day and they weren't entirely ready?), I went with the classic melon pan (180 yen). Well, in this case, maybe it wasn't so classic. It lacked the usual crisscross pattern on top, making it not look like a melon pan at all... However, this was one amazing melon pan! That crust, minus the crisscross, was delicious and I liked how it covered the entire top of the bun and even pooled along the bottom. The crust was like a sugar cookie, slightly chewy and sweet, while the inside was soft and airy. What a great example of a melon pan!

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment