BlueBelle Bistro

Bakery: BlueBelle Bistro 
Address: 347 Front St, Kaslo BC 
Website: http://www.bluebellebistro.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

With the real bakery closed, I had to make do with the local cafe in town. The BlueBelle isn't, of course, a bakery; they focus more on things like hot breakfasts and lunches, random Tex-Mex food and pizza... perhaps they can hardly be called a cafe at all and "bistro" is the best way to describe it. Nevertheless, they do have a limited selection of baked goods like butter tarts and squares -- pretty much stuff that holds over time and doesn't necessarily need to be sold day-of.
From this selection, I picked out the butter tart. I would call it an average butter tart with a thick, hand-folded crust and a set filling. Breaking into it, it was certainly harder than expected: the shell was hard, yet flaked apart and the filling had a hard crust on top and the inside was gloopy and dryish.  In short, it was far from the peak of freshness; I was a bit disappointed, especially since you can tell if a butter tart is old or fresh.

Next time, I hope the bakery will be open and I can give that a try.

Rating: ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment