Henrietta's Pine Bakery

Bakery: Henrietta's Pine Bakery
Address: 92 King William St, Huntsville ON
Website: facebook
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 

The final stop from last month's Muskoka trip, Henrietta's Pine Bakery is a classic, well-established bakery with two locations in the area, with the Cake Tour having visited the one in Huntsville (yes, making that two bakeries in town and warranting its own label!). This bakery is filled with old-fashioned Canadian bakery staples like pies, tarts, and cinnamon buns along with squares/slab cakes (what I considered the carrot cake) and some "European" baked goods -- were those indeed pączki I saw!?!
I picked a carrot cake to change things up and it's always nice to try different bakeries' takes on a classic cake. This version from Henrietta's had a nice thick layer of icing -- this is a must with a good carrot cake; I think this one had to be 50% of the dough itself! Others usually use coloured icing to paint on some sort of carrot on top, so I actually really liked -- and preferred -- the big chunks of walnuts sprinkled on top. That was a nice touch.The dough was a nice spiced cake, fairly moist, with a good amount of carrots. Maybe it wasn't on my list of the best I've had, but this one was certainly recommended.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment