Lakeview Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Lakeview Bakery
Address: 6449 Crowchild Trail SW, Calgary AB
Website: http://www.lakeviewbakerycalgary.com/
Style: North American
Price: $$


We spotted this bakery on our way back from Glenmore Park and thought we might as well stop in and see what they had to offer. Lakeview seems to specialize in breads and baked goods for special diets (allergies, organic products, low carb, etc.) However, we picked out some standard items from their selection of "Canadian classics" and some more interesting and unique products.

From left: caramel oat cookie, orange roll and rum ball
I like rum balls a lot. When I see a bakery with rum balls, I have to try it, so I definitely had to take this one. It was chocolatey with a good consistency and coated in the classic chocolate sprinkles. It was not very rummy, which got minus points from me, but good overall.

I also picked out the orange roll since it was something different, but neither of us really liked it. I thought it was okay. I can't say it was exactly what I expected, especially when it was pretty much a big chunk of chocolate, which was a little too much, even if I love my chocolate (see above).

The third thing, a caramel oat 'cookie' was good. It was a version of the sandwich cookie with two thicker oat cookies drizzled with a little chocolate and filled with caramel. Overall, I would say Lakeview Bakery was good; the more bratty sampler was complaining more than I was and said it was "okay", but I didn't think it was so bad. I'd say it's just a good neighbourhood bakery.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment