@ Keflavik Airport [Mimi's World Tour]

 Bakery: Keflavik Airport 
Address: Keflavik, of course
Style: Icelandic 
Price: $$ 

[Edit: Should have updated this post sooner; KEF underwent a huge renovation of the food area which I don't like or really approve of... gone are the cinnamon buns at the cafeteria. The Icelandic coffee chain Kaffitár shut down and in its place there's the English chain Joe and the Juice. Every-stinkin'-where. More food options now, but I found it easier to get something to eat before. :/ I really miss the small-town airport Keflavik had...]

The last (currently) of my transit-related treats. As I have one bakery still pending (i.e. I need to eat the goodies I bought earlier this afternoon ^^;), this likewise helps fill this Cake Tour void a little bit. *sighs*
Nevertheless, Keflavik airport (the most likely airport you'll be visiting when you arrive in Iceland) is just great. :) It's definitely my favourite airport, and that's not only because you can stock up on your Icelandic goodies (like arctic thyme, Icelandic moss, and angelica tea) with the money you've received from instant tax back! You can also head into the pretty much only food joint (though there is Kaffitár, which has good doughnuts... wait a minute! I can post that too!!!*) and buy yourself some reasonably priced (that is, not too marked up for the airport crowd) well, food. Like burgers with all your favourite remoulades (which the brother ordered). But why would you get the burger when for a lot less (around 300kr), you can get this monster cinnamon bun? ;D This was huge and was more than enough for two people. Chocolate coating on top and rolled with cinnamon, it was a little on the dry side, but still quite tasty and not too inferior to the baked goods in town either.
* And I will! Kaffitár is a chain of coffee shops in Reykjavik and which is likewise sold at occasional gas stations throughout the country. After having side-tracked all the shops upon arriving and ending up outside of the security zone (there is one in the shopping area as well), it's also the only thing left for you in terms of food. As it was morning, we wanted some breakfast and a tea and doughnut was one of the only options. It was the cheapest too (around 500kr for both) :P Coming from the land of the stale doughnut (you know what I'm talking about), I certainly wasn't expecting Iceland to well, amaze anyone with their doughnuts. It was more of necessity than choice, so I was pleasantly surprised to not only get quality loose-leaf teas and a downright delicious doughnut. It was 6:00 so these things must have been freshly baked. Mmmm... super soft dough, yummy soft icing and chocolate shavings on top. Who would have thought!?!

Overall, it was the best from the three airports and one train that I've had the chance to try. But that might just be because Iceland is the best! (can I get my free trip now? or a job? I'll take an internship too if you have any.... please, please Iceland? Let me come back to you!!! ;___;)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment