Bova's Bakery [International Correspondent]









Bakery: Bova’s Bakery
Address: 134 Salem Street Boston, MA
Website: bovabakeryboston.com
Style: Italian
Price: $$

[here's yet another new feature on my site: international correspondent posts, which are pretty much bakery reviews not written (and not eaten ;D) by me. So you can be a correspondent too! :) And regular ones have the honour/humiliation of having a custom header made by... me! By the way, Polish Gooner happens to be my youngest brother who was forced to eat pastries on their vacation in the US for the sake of this little site. ^^;;;]

If you’re ever in Boston’s North End (Little Italy) and are looking for good Italian bread than Bova’s is the place for you. I first discovered this small bakery while looking for the original location of Pizzeria Regina, probably the best pizza in North America. Bova’s website mentions their bread more than their pastries and even calls itself “North End’s” Famous Italian Bread which is a telling sign of what their specialty is. I really wasn’t sure what to get, there was nothing really exciting but after watching an episode of Cake Boss I decided to order a large lobster tail ($6-7) and a Napoleon ($3-4). The lobster tail dough was tough and chewy, not sure if its supposed be like that, never had one before. There was a lot of mascarpone cheese inside which was nice and rich but don’t eat a large one in one serving – it’ll make you sick. The Napoleon was standard, nothing special, can’t say I didn’t like it. I will definitely be back the next time I’m in Boston but for their bread, I’ll stick to Mike Pastries for the sweets.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment