G-farm In-store Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: G-farm In-store Bakery (吉田村麵包)
Address: No. 257, Section 3, Jinhua Road, West Central District, Tainan
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $-$$  

I only really went to this bakery in the first place, because it was conveniently located right across the street from my apartment and its large windows displaying cakes and a large array of baked goods both sweet and savoury couldn't help but lure me in. I wasn't even planning on visiting another bakery that day and I definitely wasn't planning for that bakery to involve some sort of doughnut. Oh well. .___.; But come on, I went inside and was just stunned at how many doughnut varieties they had. Did you want strawberry glazed, ring or twist - they had it all, even at night. How could I have resisted? 
At just under $20, the simple sugar ring doughnut may have been the cheapest doughnut there, but it really had been a while since I'd encountered one of these. Classic, perhaps even underestimated doughnut with a moist, fluffy inside, a nice sprinkling of sugar and a lovely - though not very crunchy (I always like the outside on sugar doughnuts to not be so soft) - golden brown exterior. A promising start to my Tainan Cake Tour! 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment