Brazil Bakery [Updated] [RIP]

Bakery: Brazil Bakery 
Address: 2905 Eglinton Ave., Mississauga ON (2 additional locations) 
Style: Portuguese 
Price: $ 
 
Brazil Bakery is one of the cheapest (Portuguese) bakeries I've encountered, so this is more of a down-to-home option. Sadly, it's not necessarily the best either. The stuff behind the glass (various cake squares and apple cakes) is pretty varied in freshness, but the one or two times I attempted it, it had seen better days. The thing to stick to is definitely their various sweet buns, usually topped with coconut, powdered sugar and filled with custard. No one's ever tried their tarts, so I don't know how those are, but seriously, this here *points* is what you go for ($1.60). I have no idea what these things are called, but it's hands-down the best thing here. Every time I go, I get this.
 
Went the other day and picked something new: an apple square ($1.60) made of flaky, filo dough with apples in the middle and coated with coconut on the edge. It looked promising, but it didn't seem to live up to my expectations. The inside with the apples was really good, but seeing as this only accounted for half of the thing, you were pretty much stuck eating very dry and not very fresh dough for the remainder of the time, so my effort to update Brazil Bakery with some new material sort of flopped. :( So I'll just leave it at: good prices, but not necessarily the best goods. ;) 
 
Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment